- To get softer chapatis leave the dough for atleast 1/2 hour before making chapatis.
- Be careful while handling spices, adding them in hot oil or over roasting them might change the taste. Some spices may give a bitter taste if overcooked.
- Be careful that you don’t add spices directly from the packet. Water vapours from the dish may get into the packet and spoil them.
- After peeling cut the onions in halves and soak it for 2-3 mins in cold water to avoid tears.
- While making ginger garlic paste try to keep the garlic:ginger ratio close to 6:4 as ginger is strong it may make your dish sharp and pungent.
- If you forget to soak chana/rajma/chole overnight , soak them in boiling water for an hour or two before preparing the dish.
- Wash the vegetables before peeling or cutting to preserve the water soluble vitamins.
- To get crispier pakoda add a little corn flour to besan while preparing the batter.
- To retain the colour in gravy use ripe red tomatoes.
- Use boiled vegetable stock instead of water to get a rich.
Share your cooking tips in the comment section below.
For more amazing tips on cooking follow us and like us on social media.