Rajma Sabzi is a dish made of kidney beans cooked in to a thick gravy using tomato onion paste & spices. This is a very well know dish in Punjab as rajma chawal, which can also be served along with roti or chapati.
- Soaked kidney beans (rajma) – 2 cup
- Potato – 1 cup
- Tomato puree – 1 cup
- Oil – 4 tbs
- Red chilli powder – 1 tbs
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 tbs
- Coriander powder – 1 tbs
- Cumin powder (jeera) – 1/2 tbs
- Garam masala powder – 1/2 tbs
- Chopped onion – 1/2 cup
- Salt to taste
Ingredients for masala paste
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 5-6 garlic cloves
- 2 tbs ginger
Stir fry all the masala ingredients and make a smooth paste
Step – 1 Pressure cook rajma and potato with water for 2-3 whistles.
Step – 2 Heat the oil in a kadhai, add chopped onions, masala paste and saute on a medium flame for 2-3 min.
Step – 3 Now add red chilli powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder, jeera powder, garam masala powder and stir for 1-2 min on a medium flame.
Step – 4 Add tomato puree and cook for 2-3 min on a medium flame.
Step – 5 Add the boiled rajma, potatoes pieces and cook for 1-2 min.
Step – 6 Add 2 cup of rajma stock (boiled rajma water), salt and cook for 4-5 min. Once the gravy is thick switch off heat.
Step – 7 Garnish with coriander & serve warm along with rice or roti.
- Please feel free to share your suggestions or any other variation of this recipe in the comment section below. Thank you !
- If you like the recipe please like and share it on social network.