Think rice, and Vegetable Pulao is the first dish that most people are immediately reminded of. The matar pulao is aromatic and has sweet tones because of peas or matar. You can also add carrot for a sweet flavour in a spicy pulao.
Below is a step by step recipe of matar pulao with photos.
- 1 cup long grained rice(basmati) , soaked for 15 minutes
- 1/2 cup fresh peas
- 1/2 cup sliced carrot
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds (jeera)
- 1 clove (laung)
- 1 cardamom (elaichi)
- 1 small stick cinnamon (dalchini)
- 1 bayleaf (tejpatta)
- 1/2 cup sliced onions
- 1/2 tsp ginger (adrak) paste
- 1/2 tsp garlic (lehsun) paste
- salt to taste
Step – 1 Heat the oil in a pot and add the cumin seeds, clove, cardamom, cinnamon and bayleaf and sauté on a medium flame till the spices release their aroma and become fragnant.
Step – 2 Add the sliced onion and saute till it becomes golden brown.
Step – 3 Add ginger – garlic paste and saute on a medium flame.
Step – 4 Now add the peas and sliced carrot
Step – 5 Add the soaked rice and stir for 1 minute. Add 2 cups of water and salt to taste and let it cook for 20 minutes.
Step – 6 Serve matar pulao hot with raita and pappad.
- Please feel free to share your suggestions or any other variation of this recipe in the comment section below. Thank you !
- If you like the recipe please like and share it on social network.